Instant Sign Factory can take your provided art work as long as it meets requirements listed below the art alteration and creation chart.
Art alteration and creation chart-
Important read before uploading artwork or sending in artwork by mail –
The area to upload your art is located in the “View Cart” area. After chosing the type of product, and size you “Add to Cart”. Once added to the “Cart” you then “Click”, ” View Cart” and there you will see the prompt to upload art work.
Before you upload your artwork or work order file please review our file formats and artwork guidelines below as to allowable formats. Please use the same file name you submitted with your order or quote request.
• Gerber Edge Print – direct film transfer to vinyl: heat transfer.
• Mimaki CJV Print – 4 color process solvent base print (indoor & outdoor application).
• Screen Print – silkscreen printing.
• Vinyl Cut – vinyl appliqué signage.
• Adobe Illustrator – any version up to CS5 files supported .ai .eps. pdf.
• Indesign – up to CS5, Package all art and fonts being used
• 4 Color Process printing is used for reproducing high quality graphics with photo type images. Digitally created process images should be created in or converted to CMYK format (cyan, magenta, yellow, black). Some programs, such as Photoshop, default to RGI3 format (red, green, blue), and must be converted to CMYK. COLOR WILL CHANGE when converting from RGB to CMYK and ADJUST COLORS AS NEEDED.
Both created & scanned images must have a resolution of 125 dpi or higher at final print size. Resolution cannot simply be increased in the program if working from a low resolution file. This merely spreads the original pixel information across a greater number of pixels and does not improve image quality (most internet images are a low resolution 72 dpi).
Scanned Images cannot be manipulated. Text, logos, borders, etc. should be created in a drawing/layout program such as Adobe Illustrator, Freehand or Corel draw (this allows us to make necessary adjustments to the digital file such as adding trap).
Convert all text to paths, curves or outlines. If this is not possible send PC Truetype, Opentype, or postscript 1 or postscript 3 (truetype preferred).
Send a copy of all supporting files used to create the image.
• Photoshop files – leave the art in layers (do not flatten or merge layers).
• eps files – Adobe Illustrator save as illustrator eps. Freehand save as editable eps.
• Tiff files – Photoshop save as 125 DPI actual size.
• Bitmap Raster Image – 300 DPI actual size.
• PDF – file must contain vector art, high resolution images and fonts converted to outlines or provide fonts.
Color proofs are made from the digital file and may vary slightly from your computer monitor & printer. The final printed product may also vary slightly from the color proof due to the differences between printing & proofing methods.
Artwork submission options:
Artwork under “225 megs” Upload Artwork Click Here
Overnight files “225 megs to one gig” on a CD to this address:
Instant Sign Factory
721 West 2nd Ave
Spokane, Washington 99201
If you have any questions about submitting your files call us TOLL FREE (877) 778-7446 (M-F 8-5 PT).
Files may be bundled using:
WinZip or Stuffit file compression programs generating these extensions: .zip, .sit, .pkzip.
If your work order artwork consists of several files we recommend using a compression utility to bundle them before uploading. This avoids confusion as to file ownership if several customers are uploading more then one file at the same time. Files with the same name can not be over written.
Click here to download WinZIP compression utility.